18 January 2016
Velocity Business Advisers (left to right) Ruth Roan, Emmanuelle Clement, Richard Thompson, Bisola Orimalade, Aruna Bhagwan
Local businesses can access free, bespoke support and advice from five locally based business advisers in place across the South East Midlands.
The advisers work for Velocity Growth Hub, the business support service provided by South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP) which offers support, mentoring and advice to small to medium sized (SME) businesses seeking to grow and expand.
Businesses seeking to increase productivity, boost sales and productivity, access finance or develop their workforce can call on Velocity Business Advisers for face to face, web based and telephone support.
Here’s who to contact if you need help.
• Corby, Kettering, Northampton borough: Contact Ruth Roan
• Daventry, South Northamptonshire, Banbury, Cherwell District: Contact Richard Thompson
• Bedford borough, North Bedfordshire: Contact Aruna Bhagwan
• Luton, Dunstable and South Bedfordshire: Contact Bisola Orimalade
• Milton Keynes: Contact Emmanuelle Clement
Velocity was first established by SEMLEP in 2014 with funding from the government’s Growing Places Fund and Regional Growth Fund. Following the successful completion of this programme in June 2015 the SEMLEP board unanimously voted for the growth hub to continue support businesses.
Now, with applications for funding to both the Department for Business Innovation and Skills and the European Regional Development Fund SEMLEP can confirm that its Velocity Growth Hub will continue to support local businesses for at least a further three years.
In addition to its network of Business Advisers Velocity Growth Hub includes:
• Capital and Revenue grants for business support
• A programme of business workshops and webinars
• Advice and guidance for business start-ups and SMEs.
Since its launch in January 2014 Velocity has:
• Engaged with 16,600 businesses through its website, social media channels and networking events
• Provided one-to-mentoring to over 1,700 businesses
• Delivered training workshops for over 750 businesses
• Awarded £1 million in revenue and capital grants that resulted in the creation of 250 new jobs and safeguarding of 400 existing jobs.
To access support from the Velocity Business Advisers either email the individual operating in your area or call the Velocity team on 0300 01234 35.