Hot topics on the agenda at National Manufacturing Debate
13 May 2015
Velocity and the South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP) are delighted to once again be supporting the National Manufacturing Debate, an annual event hosted by Cranfield University which brings together manufacturing professionals from a range of sectors to discuss and debate current challenges in the industry.
You are invited to join us at this 6th National Manufacturing Debate, a free two day event on 19th and 20th May, which is designed to encourage networking and collaboration across the sector to enable continued and long-term growth.
- 19th May – delegates are able to take part in tours and demonstrations of Cranfield’s state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, showcasing current and future research activity.
- 20th May – following a range of presentations from keynote speakers, the National Manufacturing Debate will take place.
This year the National Survey will be an analysis of UK Reshoring Capability, supervised by Professor Rajkumar Roy and Dr Patrick McLaughlin and delivered by a team of Cranfield Manufacturing students.
The National Manufacturing Debate is chaired by Lord Alec Broers and the afternoon debate will be presented by Nick Hussey (MD, The Manufacturer).
Questions the debate will seek to answer include: How do we develop the capability for effective reshoring to the UK?
Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Tom Stephenson, Pro-Vice-Chancellor Research and Innovation, Cranfield
- Professor Rajkumar Roy, Director of Manufacturing, Cranfield University
- John Cridland, Director General, CBI
- Tomas Jaskelevicius, Business Development Director, Arginta Group
- David Kynaston, Chairman, AMSCI Investment Board
- Ian Pearce, MD, Brinsea Products Ltd.
- Paul Sloman, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP – ‘Does UK has the capability to
- Dick Elsy, CEO, HVM Catapult
- Harry Moser, Founder and President, Reshoring Initiative, USA