The Business of Investment in Innovation: Deciphering the funding landscape
Venue: The Deco
Address: Abington Square, Northampton, NN1 4AE
Date & Time: Thursday 20th June 2019, 7:30 - 9:30
This event intends to give you a clear and simplified understanding of the complex funding landscape and how to navigate it.
Experts will guide you through the latest opportunities for investment and how to make the most of the opportunities available to keep you innovating, and driving your business forward.
With a wide variety of grants, loans, equity investments and venture capital deals available, our event will bring ICAEW’s Midlands regional team, Corporate Finance Faculty and a panel of experts to provide you with information and guidance on the following:
- What funding is available to your business and how to access it
- What funders and investors look for in funding applications and how to tailor your business case
- How to generate cash in your business, for or from innovation, such as through tax relief and tax refunds
Confirmed panel of speakers:
- Nigel Holmes FCA, Head of R&D Technical Operations, Catax;
- Lewis Stringer, Senior Manager, UK Network, British Business Bank;
- Andrea Reynolds FCA, Founder and CEO, Swoop;
- ICAEW member Graham Goss FCA, Director Greenslades Limited;
- Scott Obrien, Director, Innovate UK Loans Limited;
- Shaun Beaney, Manager Corporate Finance ICAEW will chair the event.
At the event, a limited number of bookable sessions will be available with our speakers and Regional Director for the Midlands, Dr Sophie-Dale Black, to provide 1:1 signposting and guidance.
The event is free to attend and open to ICAEW members and non-members. A light breakfast and refreshments will be provided.
The session will appeal to accountancy advisors, and business owners, directors and financial managers who want practical advice from the experts.