This two-hour facilitated training course provides an efficient but effective way to understand the basics of climate change, including an overview of a range of climate solutions, and the associated opportunities and challenges climate change presents to both businesses and our personal lives. Immersing yourself in this course will shortcut large amounts of reading and provide a good basic appreciation of the climate science. The training includes breaks for a knowledge quiz and discussion.
Who does this support?
- Small and medium enterprises, social enterprises, voluntary or community organisations.
- Suitable for any adult professional, across any sector.
- May be of particularly interest to business/organisational decision makers and leaders who do not have existing knowledge or experience in climate adaptation or mitigation.
- Existing climate change knowledge is not required.
What are the benefits?
- Increased employee understanding, awareness and upskilling of the challenges and opportunities associated with the climate emergency, both at an organisational and individual level.
- Insight into potential steps an organisation could take to begin their transition to low-carbon technologies in support of the Net Zero agenda.
- The training aims to drive positive long-lasting legacy across the region as the steps taken after participation may equip organisations with the relevant skills and understanding to potentially support the procurement of upcoming opportunities related to the East West Rail project.
- Training is run exclusively on request to either an individual organisation or to a mix of organisations.
- To express interest, please contact [email protected] before May 2024.
- This training is completely free.
Best facilitated virtually/online, however in-person may also possible.