11 June 2018
Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS) UK hosts a new competition for Europe’s top startups to compete for unique prizes
- VWFS STARTUP BATTLEFIELD is a competition that brings together Europe’s top startups to compete for unique prizes, including a place at the 2018 WebSummit
- A one-off platform for startups in the automotive, mobility and finance space to pitch their business to a panel of judges, including VWFS UK top executives
- VWFS UK invites applications from 8 June 2018
In October 2017, VWFS Portugal ran the first VWFS STARTUP BATTLEFIELD putting together Europe’s top startups on one stage to compete for a stand at the 2017 Web Summit, and the first stepping stone to work with VWFS. The winner of the 2017 event was a new app that helps people find a parking space, from Austrian based startup, Parkbob.
As part of their growing digital ambition, VWFS UK is now hosting the second VWFS STARTUP BATTLEFIELD in Milton Keynes on 20 July 2018. The aim is to help identify and promote the latest innovative business solutions to support their customers and business strategy.
Applications are open from 8 June 2018 – 8 July 2018. VWFS UK has identified three categories for startups to apply that fit their business and innovation strategy. The main focuses this year will be:
- Disruptive mobility services
- Value added vehicle services and products
- Fin-tech opportunities in credit and customer finance solutions
A number of finalists will be selected to perform their pitches during the event on the 20 July 2018, and persuade a panel of judges and guests that they should be the winners. The prizes include a stand at the Web Summit in Lisbon, a non-equity cash prize and an opportunity to work with VWFS UK to develop their proposition.
Nathan Thompson, Digital & Innovation Director at VWFS UK says “The automotive industry is facing unprecedented levels of change both from technology and changing customer behaviours around vehicle ownership and usage; which has led to a number of new exciting companies and business models. This promises to be a great and exciting event and we look forward to seeing what innovations are out there.”
For more details on how to apply visit http://www.vwfs-battlefield.comBack