Richard is a true “Field to Fork” specialist having worked in all main commodity groups, food manufacturing and drinks sectors.
He has worked across the commercial function, in agri-commodities (sugar, flour and fats), managed marketing and innovation operations for +£100m food manufacturers, and spent 30 years managing customer relations to multiple Grocers, Discounters and Out of Home market. More recently, Richard has honed his advisory skills as a business consultant.
As SEMLEP’s Business Development Manager, Richards primary focus is supporting businesses through:
- Advice on land and premises within the region
- Help and guidance on recruitment and skills development of staff
- Guidance on accessing government grants and funding
- Facilitating links between business and government
- Developing relationships between businesses and universities
Outside work you’ll most likely find Richard outside, running, cycling or constantly trying to tame the garden.