GROWTH HUB EVENTS
UK-US trade May Trump all
Venue: Milton Keynes Business Centre
Address: Foxhunter Drive, Milton Keynes, MK14 6GD
Date & Time: Wednesday 26th June 2019, 9:30 - 12:00
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expansion into the US often becomes a key feature of a UK company’s growth strategy when it reaches a certain stage. The US market offers countless opportunities – a new potential customer base, access to talent and sources of capital, and a chance to develop your offering.
A new country comes with a distinct set of challenges, like different legal, employment and tax structures. It is important to understand the US business landscape from the outset to increase your chance of success.
For this event, we have partnered with accountancy and business advisory firm Kingston Smith and the Department for International Trade (DIT) to assist local businesses, like yours, who are thinking of expanding into the US market.
Chaired by SEMLEP Chair, Peter Horrocks CBE, our panel of international business experts will give practical insights into key aspects of doing business in the US, whilst considering topical issues, such as the potential impact of Brexit on trade and investment.
We will cover:
- US-UK bilateral trade policy perspectives
- Brexit and The American View – why investing in the U.S. makes sense
- Trading with the US vs. Trading in the US
- Available support from the DIT to help grow your export sales
- Choice of business/entity in the US, business structure, and how to avoid common tax pitfalls
- Available tax credits and incentives
- The logistics of setting up in the US, including practical issues such as opening a US bank account
John Simmons, Minister Counsellor for Commercial Affairs at the US Embassy in London
David Taylor, International Trade Advisor at Department for International Trade (DIT) for the South East region
Mike Hayes, Tax Partner at Kingston Smith
Yelena Epova, Tax Partner and Partner-in-Charge of International Services at Aprio
Who should attend:
Business owners and decision makers considering expansion into the US and are looking for some advice and practical information on the next steps.Book Now